NEXT MEETING: I believe Jess may be up to doing Reiki. If this changes, I
will send out a notice to that end. Otherwise, refer to the copious other
mailings I did for the upcoming Reiki session for what to bring and what
THE MEETING AFTER: Eat yourself to pieces, and sleep for 48 hours
THIS PAST MEETING: Mike did his Low Magick course. The following are some
notes I took from his lecture:
- The Greeks divided magick into two parts, high and low. Low magick
concerns itself more with wishes, hopes, and acting out things you wished
to have happen, like a rain dance. High magick not only caused more
amazing feats, it also used a higher connection with a higher power, it
involved the development of a connection with the target of your working,
and other such things/energies/wills.
- Daggers in a ritualistic sense correspond with air, as wands correspond
to fire, symbols like the pentacle with earth, and a chalice of water
corresponds with water (duh). These things, as well as particualr phases
of the moon, should be considered when consecrating a ritual tool.
Consecrating something is considered to be an act of low magick.
Two recipes can be found after this closing...
So I am closing...
That's it for now, tune in next time, yadda yadda yadda...
KITCHEN WITCHERY RECIPIES:
by Mike, scribbled by Eric
A. To alleviate indigestion, stomach cramps, and ulcers:
1) Licorice root in a pot of water should be distilled in bright
sunlight for a length of time
2) Boil the water with the licorice root in it until you have an
3) Strain out licorice
4) Add a pound of honey (read: a lot of honey)
5) Strain out licorice
6) Take a spoonful of this stuff in the morning and another at night
7) You will become nausious... so don't do this and go to a dinner
B. Lust fluid
1) To be made when the moon is going from new to full
2) Distill water in the sun for three days
3) Put a crystal that you like in the water
4) Leave this in the sun in the water for a few days during this
period of the moon's cycle
5) Add about 2 rose petals given to you preferably by your "target of
6) Add apple juice and red wine
7) Grind up the crystal. Mike suggests a 5-pound sledge.
8) Add honey
9) Add an appropriate herb (Kyle suggests Damiana, Colt's Foot,
Rosemary, Eccinasia, Dragon's Blood, or a VERY SMALL AMOUNT of
10) Boil it all down. If you stay in the room, you will become *very*
11) Bottle it up after straining out the bits
12) Can be used as a scent if watered down
13) Will only last until next new moon (will smell like stale, dried
blood if you really want to try)
Recommended reading: Celestial Seasonings' book on medicinal herbalism
PODS recommends getting a medicinal herb book if you wish to dabble with
any magickal or medicinal herbal concoctions. If you wish to do it
regularly, consult a professional in the field of herbalism. Herbs can be
dangerous, some are poisionous, and are not always marked as such. Know
your herbs before you use them.
^v^v^This has been an official email from the Secretary of PODSv^v^
The Pagan Organization for Diverse Spirituality
Cat Brennan --- MaeNightMist@AOL.COMAlyssa Mow ---- Phoenix798@AOL.COMArmy of Treasurers
Erika Smith ---- Dakata3@Yahoo.COMJohn "Lord of the Dance" TIbbets --- LordTecky@Yahoo.COMSecretary
Eric Hohlfeld -- PencilPusherofPods@HailMail.NETWebmistress
Tigerlilly -- StarflowerMLP@hotmail.COMWeekly Meetings
Room 386, Student Union Building
University of Connecticut Storrs Campus
Every Thursday Evening at 7:00pm
(officers meet about half an hour prior)