Just a pre-minute message or two... If you're planning on going to Yule (Fri. Dec. 21, 6PM, Jill's house in Norwich) PLEASE RSVP TO JILL (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let her know if you're bringing any guests. Also, please read the Yule stuff below so as you know what to bring and such.
***THE FOLLOWING is brought to you by Yule: "Celebrating the Return of the Sun for a Very Long Time!"
~PODS Minutes for 12/6~
I. PRE-YULE MEETING INFO
A. Next semester's budget and activities
1. **Think of ideas over the break of things to buy and/or activities or speakers to do.**
2. Beltane budget items: Port-o-Johns, Sweat Lodge, 5000 feet of extension cord, a full bar
3. Other budget ideas: herb-type supplies (sage, lavender, flaxseed, etc.), flash paper
B. Beltane 2002 Website (by Nate)
1. Nate: "Computers suck"
2. Beltane 2001 pics available at http://mark_relyea.tripod.com/theworldofmark/id8.html
a. Soon to be available also on Nate's Beltane 2002 website!
C. Eric the Younger's Reports
1. Art Department party some Friday soon with free food. Contact him (Lassarian@aol.com) for info.
2. Drug dealers use the employee lot near South at 4AM.
a. Eric is planning to invite everyone over to his room (overlooking said location) for popcorn some AM.
II. THIS WEEK'S YULE INFO
A. THINGS THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO BRING
1. A non-perishable canned good to donate.
2. A votive candle which may be easily and safely held in your hand.
3. Wear clothes that you consider special for ritual / something "other than normal"
4. Food (see last week's Yule notes, attached below) and/or coordinate with Jill
5. Something to eat in / with (save a tree)
B. Ritual Planning
1. Nate is coordinating the ritual planning. Contact him (email@example.com) if you want to help.
2. What we know so far
a. THE RITUAL WILL BE HELD IN SACRED SPACE. THEREFORE, PLAN TO BE FOCUSED AND SERIOUS WHEN THE RITUAL BEGINS UNTIL IT ENDS. THANKS.
b. The ritual will begin with purification by the senses & elements (by those calling the corners)
i. North (Nate): Earth / Taste (salt)
ii. South (Greg): Fire / Sight (candle flame or flash paper)
iii. East (Kyle): Air / Smell (sage)
iv. West (Cat): Water / Touch (water mister)
v. Center (Jess): Spirit / Hearing (bell or chime)
c. Everything else will flow from there. Contact Nate if you want more info.
C. Getting to Jill's House
1. Directions will be available shortly. I will email them out to the list when I receive them.
2. If you need a ride, ask around and/or let us know. There are people more than happy to help you out.
3. ***IF YOU ARE GOING, PLEASE RSVP TO JILL, SO SHE KNOWS HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE COMING!***
III. YULE NOTES FROM LAST WEEK, For Your Information
1. Friday, December 21, 2001
2. At Jill's "haus"
a. This year's theme: "Anglo-Saxon/Ottonian/Gallic"
3. Starts at 6PM (Eastern Standard Time)
B. Food and Goods
1. Mike and Hannah: all sorts of mad food and stuff, like chili and bread and a fire-extinguisher
2. Nate: "Something" like ice, an appetizer, "classy beer", etc.
3. Cat: Pentacle cookies (yay), salad
4. Tigerlily: Mead, potato-corn chowder
5. Mark: "Stuff" like wine
6. Jill: "Stuff" like Vegan Chili
7: Me: A wide selection of soda and paper goods
C. THINGS FOR EVERYONE TO READ!!!!!
1. Bring things to eat in/with and save a tree or five.
2. If you have a meal plan and extra meals, GET & BRING JUNK FOOD
3. Dress is "something other than normal" if possible. I.e. "garb" or whatnot.
4. Alcohol policy is generally BYOR (Bring Your Own Rutabagas)
a. Bring enough to share.
b. Don't depend on others bringing lots of free booze.
c. Low-quality alcohol will get you expelled.
i. For example, cheap beer.
ii. FYI, everything else is pretty much tolerated.
d. This will NOT be a "getting drunk party" so plan accordingly
5. If you're not listed on the Food List, contact Jill to get your assignments
a. Real Food is always good
4. Spontaneous Dancing (8:45PM)
Well, that just about does it for the semester. I'd like to take this time to give an official good-bye to Mark Relyea, our graduating Co-President and Past-Secretary Extraordinaire. Mark will still be around next semester, so look for him then. However, it just won't be the same. Farewell, kind sir, may your days be filled with joy and your nights with... well, joy. You can't have too much joy, you know. I'm always a big fan of joy. Happiness is good, that much is true, but it just doesn't hold a candle up to joy. Some people - who will remain nameless - like mirth and merriment, but, again, joy has them beat hands-down, don't you think? Well, regardless, you will be missed.
For the rest of you who may not be around next semester - due to whatever conflict or obligation - I extend as well our farewell and our hope that you will wander back in sometime. I do know that Jill will be only a very "part-time" student and is stepping down as Co-President. For all her effort over the past few years, PODS sends her our thanks. You, too, may plan on being missed. But may it be a joyful missed...
May I see you all at Yule, but until then, have a wonderful holiday season and a sane final exam period. Well, at least a wonderful holiday season. There's just not much you can do to make finals sane.
**THE PRECEDING has been brought to you by Tora Bora, the vacation capital of Afghanistan.***